The kick-off meeting of the “LINK” project was successfully completed at Cascais. The meeting was attended by representatives from all partners from 4 European countries – Italy, Spain, Poland and Portugal (the hosting country). This meeting was the first gathering of partners involved after the oficial start of the project.
The aim of the event was to discuss the project ideas and implementation plan, including the issues of:
- Rationale of the project, aims and objectives
- Project implementation (structure, work plan, timetable, task distribution)
- Scheduling project events dates
- WP1 – Management and Coordination
- WP2 – Educational Strategy
- WP3 – Dissemination and Exploitation of Results
- Contracts, Legal and Administrative Provisions, Financial Provisions, Budget
Finally, partners made the general overview of the meeting and discussed about the next steps and upcoming tasks that need to be accomplished.
The aims of the “LINK – LINKing Seniors to Digital Media Literacy, Democracy and Diversity” project is to create an educational strategy aimed at the senior population, to promote digital literacy and conscious participation in democratic life, addressing how online disinformation can affect democracy and the electoral process, and reinforcing the knowledge and sharing of the values of the European Union.